Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We are home!! We got home Friday evening which was exactly three weeks post op. I have been wanting to update the blog, but it has been a little crazy around here. This is the first time I have been able to sit and have a minute to myself so I thought I would give everyone a little update on Isabella. She has been doing really well for the most part. We have had issues with her throwing up her bottles. I was putting her medicine  (she is on 11 different medications) in her bottles and then she would throw them all up and I had no way of knowing what she got. I had to change the formula from 30 cal honey consistency to 24 cal nectar consistency which has seemed to help. She has only thrown up one time the past 6 bottles! I have also been giving her the meds by my mouth with a syringe, and she seems to be tolerating that well. Thankfully she did not get her days and nights mixed up while in the hospital so she has been sleeping pretty well. I do have to get up to feed her every 2-3 hours during the night. She was going about 6 hours without a bottle before surgery, so hopefully we can work our way back up to that!

She had a check up with the pediatrician today. She is 11 lbs 2oz! Still in the 10th percentile (on the regular growth charts). The doctor is happy with her growth and said that she may just be petite no matter how many calories we try to give her. He was however concerned about her eyes. After surgery Isabella's eyes have been darting back and forth for the majority of the time she is awake. He said it may be something as simple as her needing more time to re focus her eyes after being sedated so long, or it could be something as serious as her having a little stroke in the nerve during surgery. Of course he told me not to worry, he doesn't think it was a stroke, but we have to get it checked out. She has an appointment with the eye doctor on Friday.

I am so happy to be home and happy that our family is back together! I can not thank you all enough for your prayers and encouragement through out these past few weeks. I am so thankful that we were able to take little Isabella Faith home and that she did not need another surgery! God is our Healer.

I wanted to type more, but sister is screaming, and I have to pick up the house some because her Occupational Therapist is coming over for a session! I hope everyone is having a great week!



All of her medications


At her check up today - she looks so good!

Sweet Girl 

Xander was happy to get all of sissy's toys back out! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Designs by Linds © 2012