Saturday, August 4, 2012

CVICU Day 2

Today is Isabella's second day in the CVICU (cardiovascular ICU). She is doing pretty well so far. They are weaning her off of the nitric oxide. Once they do that they can start weaning her off of the ventilator and the sedatives she is on. They put a feeding tube in and have started to give her formula (5mL) an hour. Once they know she can tolerate the formula and after she is off the vent we can start giving her bottles. Everything kind of depends on how well she does when she is breathing on her own. She has had a few dips in blood pressure and a few desats, but they are tweaking all of her medication so hopefully it will not be an issue. She looks good, but does have some swelling. It has been pretty uneventful today (which is a good thing) and we are moving in the right direction. Monday they will transfer all of the patients in the CVICU over to the new building which should be interesting! I heard it is REALLY nice and I can't wait to see it. We have met some great people while we have been here. There is another baby (5 months) with down syndrome who had the same surgery as Isabella who is recovering a  few rooms down. I have enjoyed talking with his Mama who is also here from NWA!


A few pictures from today...

Sweet girl! Love her little purple bow. 
All of the nurses love her leg warmers! Aren't they just the cutest!!  
Of course we needed to change her bow to match her leg warmers! :) 
I love my sweet girl!! I can not wait to hold her and snuggle with her again! 
Wes and Isabella were born on the same day!! I 'met' his mom through the down syndrome pregnacy birth board and we became FB friends...hopefully we will meet in person one day! I thought this picture was so sweet! I am so thankful that I met his mama. She always had such a positive outlook throughout her pregnancy knowing Wes had down syndrome. It was so encourging to see how she embraced the diagnosis! Wes is so cute you have got to check him out!


A friend sent me this verse this morning.. Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word. 2 Thes.16-17. I thought it was so perfect for what we are going through that I had to share! Thanks Mandy! :) 

Thank you all for checking up in Isabella! Please continue to pray for her recovery! I am so thankful for our wonderful friends and family who have been praying for us! I will be back with an update tomorrow! Hopefully she will be off the ventilator and we can see her precious little face without all of those tubes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Designs by Linds © 2012