Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tuesday Mornings

Every Tuesday morning we have women's bible study at our church. This semester I am taking the Women's Discipleship study. This is the first time they are offering this specific study, and I absolutely love it!! The study is lead by Meredith (our pastors wife) and she is precious! She put together these binders that are just FULL of biblical knowledge that I will use the rest of my life!!



The first few weeks we talked about our spiritual life, I was definitely convicted when we spoke about the importance of having quiet time with the Lord. I have been working on that for a while now! Then we spent a few weeks on marriage. I loved the weeks we spent on marriage! I seriously learned so much that I have used and will use in my relationship with James. One of the tips I will not forget are the two most important phrases in a marriage: "I'm Sorry", and "I forgive you". This is so true, but sometimes hard to act out!! :)

The past few weeks we have been talking about raising godly children. A few of the important points I took away were: the importance of praying for our children, being godly examples for them, teaching them scripture and how to read the bible, and just making sure I take the time to be a mommy and not just a homemaker!

I posted before about how much I love the Duggar family. When we started this study in August I was thrilled to learn that Michelle Duggar would be one of our guest speakers! Yesterday was finally the day and her and a few of her older girls along with the TLC cameras came to speak to our bible study! The older girls played their violin and Michelle gave us very helpful tools for raising children!



I'm on the back row next to Mrs. Duggar, and her girls are on the other side of her!
I really look forward to Tuesday mornings, and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful church that provides so many ways to get involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Designs by Linds © 2012