Thursday, August 2, 2012

What a Long Day! Pre-Op

The day started at 5:30am when Isabella was ready for her first bottle. I quickly fed her and got ready to head to Little Rock. We left around 6:30am and did not have to stop once! I am so thankful she slept the whole time! Her appointment was at 10:30 and it started with an EKG then labs. She did so well! I hated watching her get her blood drawn! I think it was harder for me than it was for her! 

Look at that belly and those arm rolls! :)
After the EKG and labs we headed down a floor to get an X-Ray. If you have ever taken your baby to get an X-Ray then you know about the awful contraption they are placed in. Xander had to have one around 3 months so I was prepared. If you don't know what I am talking about just look below! I was able to get one quick shot before I had to leave the room. You don't really get the full effect from this picture, but it will have to do! 

Yes, that is a tube she is strapped in with her arms above her head. Her tiny little legs are dangling down below and they can spin it around to get shots from different sides. She is much better than Xander did!! :)  

I just love this little purple outfit from Target! 

We are waiting to meet with the cardiologist, surgeon, and the anesthesiologist. Isabella's face cracks me up.. its like she is saying "please mom no more!"
We met with all the doctors and I am totally amazed at what modern medicine can do. Today was truly an eye opening experience. While talking with the surgeon I was overcome with a sense of thankfulness. While he was giving me a play by play of exactly what he was going to do tomorrow all I could think about was how long he must have had to go to school to become a surgeon and master this skill. How he moved to America from Japan to work as a pediatric heart surgeon, and how we are here and this place and this time for him to repair Isabella's heart. It also made me realize how much I truly appreciate every single doctor, surgeon, nurse, etc. for the years they spend learning to do what they do. I have never been more thankful for people that are called into this field. 50 years ago sweet Isabella would have just passed away from this heart defect as an infant, but after tomorrow she will go on to live a happy healthy full life. Its truly amazing. Praise God! 

This is the drawing the surgeon did for me while explaining the process for tomorrow. It was very interesting! :)

  
10 hours 5 bottles, and 2 outfits later we made it to the hotel. Sister is napping and Mommy is blogging while we wait for Daddy to get here. 
Thank you all so much for you support and prayers during this time! We truly appreciate it! Please continue to pray for our sweet girl tomorrow!! Surgery will start around 9am! I will keeping everyone updated! 

*****
On another note.. How many of you saw the cover of People this week!? No, I am not referring to the Kristin and Rob drama, but the bottom right corner. There is a sweet girl with Down Syndrome who just became a model for a major fashion designer. You can read the story from People here. This honestly makes me so happy! Please check it out. She is precious!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Designs by Linds © 2012