Monday, July 4, 2011

And Baby Makes Three!!!

I found out I was pregnant when James was in Arkansas for his first round of interviews with Tyson Foods. It is actually a pretty funny story. I was cleaning up the house, packing a few things, and I found an OLD pregnancy test. We were not planning to have kids for three or four more years, so I was going to throw the test away. I decided to take the test for fun knowing that it would be negative. I took the test and forgot about it for a few hours. I went back into the bathroom later that night and glanced down and it said PREGNANT!!! I was in shock. I had NO pregnancy signs or symptoms. I figured it had to be a mistake. I started chugging water and headed out to the pharmacy to get another test. I took two more tests and they were both positive!! James was on a plane during all this so he had NO clue. It was a complete shock to both of us, and we still didn't believe it until I took the blood test the next day. We had the next few years of our lives planned out and that night it all changed!! 8 months later on March 4th 2010 our handsome little man was born 11 days early. My water broke at 3:00am and I had to have an emergency c-section because he was breech. James Alexander (Xander) was born at 5:55am and he was 7lbs 12oz and 21 inches long.

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Jenna's Journey and I'm going to follow along. :)
    What a way to find out you are pregnant, that's pretty crazy! How fun though. :)
    Anyway your family looks very sweet and I can't wait to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a crazy story!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I am your newest follower!! Your blog is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my WORD, Xander is precious! Thanks for stopping by my blog and can't wait to read more of your's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, stopping by from Jenna's Journey. You have a beautiful family and I love the name Xander. Now a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Jenna's 2nd annual comment challenge! Love your blog. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another comment challenger.

    That is craziness. Pregnancies can really catch you off guard! 2 out of three of my kids were total surprises. They kind of still are. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Designs by Linds © 2012