Monday, July 9, 2012

Isabella's Turquoise & Coral Nursery

I adore Isabella's nursery! I have been meaning to share pictures for a while, and I am finally getting around to it. The inspiration for her room started with the turquoise dresser. I found the dresser on craigslist - already painted- and from there I knew I wanted the color scheme of her room to be turquoise and coral. I hit up pinterest for some ideas and this is how it turned out...

I am obsessed with this dresser. I love the design on the corners and the first row of drawers!
I love the alphabet cards on the wall! I thought they turned out so cute!
The lamp shades match the pillows on the futon. I bought the patterned pillows at home depot - they are actually  outdoor pillows, but they were the perfect colors! A friend from church went and bought extra pillows and used the fabric to cover the existing lamp shades. I love them! She also made blackout curtains - which I still to hang up!
I love the Jenny Lind Crib and changing table! I ordered the crib off of amazon, bedding from Serena & Lily, and I found the changing table at a thrift store for $15 which I painted it the same color as the dresser. The 3 frames are NOT neon, I promise! The lighting in the room makes it look that way in photos. They are just 2 shades darker than the coral on the wall.
My Aunt Barbara painted the cute picture of the cow jumping over the moon and my Mom bought Isabella the cross.
I wanted to have a little futon in here because the kids' room are upstairs in our house and we are down, I wanted somewhere to be able to sleep if I needed to. I have used it a couple of times, and I like that we can all sit together and read books. 


I literally did the whole room, including the painting, in one week while I was 37 weeks pregnant. Talk about procrastination! I love the way it turned out and I think Isabella likes it too! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Designs by Linds © 2012