Friday, June 29, 2012

What's for dinner & Friday Phone Dump

I have been wanting to put recipes on my blog for a while now and so I decided to start sharing some of our favorite weekend recipes! We love eating out!! We have been trying to cut back on our eating out budget lately, so I have been cooking a lot more on the weekends. During the week we like to eat pretty healthy. Lots of grilled chicken, fish, and vegetables.. boring (I know)!! We like to splurge a little on the weekends so I try to find stuff to make that is more fun than what we eat during the week. I usually make pizza, or maybe a copy-cat recipe from one of our favorite restaurants.   This recipe is one of my all time favorites... its quick, easy, and YUMMY!

Chicken Alfredo Pizza


Ingredients
  • 1 or 2 chicken breasts (depending on how meaty you like your pizza)
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
  • 1 tablespoon of flour
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 pizza dough (either store bought, frozen, canned, homemade) 
  • 1 cup (or more) mozzarella 
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil (eyeball it)
Directions:

Heat oven according to dough directions.

Heat olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick skillet

Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and pan fry in olive until cooked through (it should be golden brown)

Remove to a plate and let it rest

Clean your non-stick skillet (or just use a new one)

Melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the butter and garlic.. you will have to start over! I have done this several times! Add the flour and cook until light blonde in color. Whisk in heavy cream, reduce heat to low, and let simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and season lightly with salt and pepper.

Dice chicken as big or as small as you would like

Pour sauce onto whatever dough you have decided to use and top with chicken and mozzarella bake according to dough directions or until crisp and golden.

A few notes:

I use a store bought frozen dough. Its taste just as good as home made dough and takes no time at all to prepare. I found this at walmart.. its awesome!


I have also used the Pillsbury pizza dough in a can and it turns out pretty good. You can add as many toppings as you would like to this!! I happen to have a very picky husband so we usually just do chicken and EXTRA cheese. You could top with tomatoes, spinach, bacon would probably good... anything your heart desires!! I am telling you this recipe is so yummy and easy to make!! Enjoy!


Friday Phone Dump...

This was my first time using Picasa to edit picutres.. its cute, but once I figure out how to use picasa I will make better collages! :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Designs by Linds © 2012