Thursday, September 13, 2012

4 Month Check Up

Isabella turned four months on August 23. I have been doing her monthly pictures with the stickers since one month, but since we were still in the hospital I was not able to do that last month. The thought crossed my mind before we left for her surgery on August 2nd that I should bring the four month sticker just in case. I told myself there was no way we will be down there 20 days! Little did I know... :) Here is the picture of her on her 4 month birthday in the hospital - don't judge... I did the best I could! ;)

She is asleep in the picture...She started sleeping with her eyes open in the hospital -  the nurses told me a lot of babies do this! She is not doing it anymore now that we are home. Wonder if it had to do with the medications?

She finally had her four month well visit yesterday and she looks great! She gained 1lb in 15 days!!! She is now 12lbs 2oz and 231/2 inches which is 25% for both on the typical growth chart! I am so happy that she is growing so well. I also stopped adding extra calories to her formula! I think this is a good sign that she is gaining weight without the extra calories.. it means her heart is not working as hard and burning as many calories as it was before surgery. She had to get two shots yesterday and cried for about 5 seconds. I think it hurt me more than it hurt her! The Dr. was very pleased with Isabella's progress and we do not have to go back until her 6 month check up. It is so nice to have a break from all of these Dr. appointments!

After her check up we rushed to the therapy clinic for Isabella's OT session. She did really well considering she just had shots and we woke her up from a nap in the car seat. I was so happy to be back at the clinic! I know sometimes I wish the therapists would come to the house so I wouldn't have to be up there all the time, but I did miss it. I love seeing all of the kids, meeting other parents, and chatting with the therapists. I also love watching Isabella grow and learn new things! We were there so much before her surgery I guess it just feels like we are finally getting back into our normal routine - and therapy was part of our normal routine before surgery.


I hope everyone is having a good week! Tomorrow is Friday - Woohoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Designs by Linds © 2012