Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One Month!!

One month ago today my little sweet pea was born. It's been one month since all my fears and worries were finally put at ease. What would she look like? How long would she be in the NICU? Would she have any other health problems we weren't aware of?  Would I love her like I love Xander? Would I look at her and only see Down Syndrome?

I'm tearing up while I am typing this because I am so happy to say that our little angel is perfect. Yes she has Down Syndrome, yes she has a heart defect and will need open heart surgery in a couple of months to repair, but she is perfect. She is a sweet blessing from the Lord and we wouldn't change one thing about her...(except for her heart-- we need to get that fixed as soon as she is ready!! :)

Right now she:
  • Weighs about 8 lbs
  • Is About 19 inches
  • Just barely fits into 0-3 month clothes
  • Loves tummy time
  • Can lift her head and turn it side to side easily
  • Sleeps really well through the night (I have to wake her to eat every three hours or so)
  • Loves being swaddled
  • Loves snuggling with Daddy
  • Loves bath time
  • Is not bothered by all of the noise big brother makes!
  • Takes about 2 ounces of formula every 3 hours
  • Is a really good baby and I am so thankful she is eating,sleeping, and growing so well!!


Happy one month birthday Isabella Faith!! We love you!








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Designs by Linds © 2012